New River Trail VA
When: Sept 9/9/16 - 9/11/16
Where: Cliffview Campground, New River Trail State Park, VA
- Cycling on the New River Trail. We will use our own bikes. Mostly level, shaded, gravel trail. Very scenic. Historical sites.
- NO Mountain Biking - No mountain biking trips. Logistical issues are preventing this activity.
- Good fishing. Campground is right next to a creek with trout. NOTE: Over 16 requires VA freshwater license, $8/day. Available instantly online.
- Demonstration (and trial) of Tenkara fly fishing will be done EARLY Saturday morning for the early riser fishermen. It’s easy, check it out.
- Bike Inspections - Please bring your bike to the 8/30 meeting. Please inspect prior to meeting. Inspection check list is here - <http link to inspection checklist>
- Costs: $20 (includes camping + travel fees) plus grub (about $10).
- SIGNUP BEFORE AUG 30!!!
Size: Space is limited to 36 total, Scouts and adults.