February - Greenway Cleanup 2/7/2015
Post date: Feb 4, 2015 10:46:20 PM
This is a great opportunity to get service hours, as well as achievements listed below, for rank advancement. Dress appropriately for the weather. It will be cold this weekend. Bring gloves and a filled water bottle. Trash bags will be provided.
Start: 9 a.m. at Lassiter Mill Park 3300 Lassiter Falls Circle
End: 12 p.m. at North Hills Park 1656 Chowan Circle
Pickup by the Tennis Courts at North Hills Park.
Sign up at the following link http://goo.gl/forms/kvjXxHF31G
The following Rank Advancement opportunities will also be available.
• 11 - identify poisonous plants, tell how to treat for exposure
• 1a – demonstrate how a compass works and how to orient a map
• 1b – using a compass and map together, take a 5-mile hike
• 6 – identify or show evidence of at least 10 kinds of wild animals
• 1 – demonstrate how to find directions during the day and night without a compass
• 6 – identify or show evidence of at least 10 kinds of native plants
Please sign up at link above.